Ryder Lake Farmers' Institute
The Ryder Lake Farmers' Institute was incorporated in 1941 and along with the Women's Institute built the first community hall in 1934. This was eventually demolished and the current hall built in 1963. It is one of the few halls in B.C. to be completely self funded through rentals, fund raising events, donations and memberships.
Volunteers are therefore always appreciated, both to join the Farmers' Institute and to help out with the various community events.